Q&A med Kelis
Always be yourself. No matter what.
Den amerikanske verdensstjerne Kelis fejrer 20-års jubilæum med sit banebrydende debutalbum Kaleidoscope, der blandt andet bringer hende til Danmark, hvor hun giver koncert i Store Vega 6. marts. Vi har taget en hurtig snak med verdens sejeste Kelis inden hun indtager scenen i Vega.
1. What does your debut album Kaleidoscope mean to you as an artist?
It reminds me of a time when I was this young girl in Harlem who just wanted to make music. It's an album that allowed me to connect to so many people and give voices to other people just like me and that's a wonderful feeling.
2. How is it different performing the songs from Kaleidoscope today compared to its release in 1999?
Well, you certainly don’t have the nerves that you once may have had. Now, it may be more nostalgic I guess and something that just takes you back and makes you reflect.
3. What is your favorite song to perform?
4. If you should describe your upcoming live show in five words, what would they be?
High energy, Fun, Colorful, Diverse, Soulful
5. Do you have a favorite thing to do on tour, when you’re off stage?
Wander around whatever city I am in and discover new places that I haven't been to. Eat great food, find little shops, and drink local wine or coffee, just really enjoy the city and I love to do this walking.
6. Name one song that you wish you had written/was yours?
To be honest there really isn't one.
7. What is the best advice you have been given, that you would give to others?
Always be yourself. No matter what. Because at the end of the day, if you are yourself, you can live with any and all decisions you made and that is what matters at the end of the day and that is the best way to create a lasting legacy.
Læs mere om koncerten med Kelis HER